Sunday, July 26, 2009

Next step

Well folks I've just had a little 'blog rest' for a few days but I'm back to report on my next step on this awesome journey. As previously anticipated I am for admission to City Hospital tomorrow Mon 27th am for chemotherapy to commence.

I'm not sure of the exact detail but praise God He knows every detail and so as I step into the strange land of chemotherapy it is with the confidence that my creator holds me in the palm of His mighty hand. God's demonstration of the detail has been beyond my wildest dreams as He affirms His healing touch on my body. I so love and praise Him in these circumstances.

I've just had such a lovely day today - it started with my church family in Ballydown - I so love you people, what you have taught me and what I see God doing in our lives. Thanks for the prayer time - such beautiful peace. We then had an awesome lunch with the family - my mother's cooking is always the best!!

So now my bag is packed and I look forward to some rest in God's word. Just feel to share
Jeremiah 29v11 with you tonight - it is probably one of my best loved verses in God's word - 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' This is my boundless hope - it does not mean I will be spared pain, suffering or hardship but that God will see me through to a glorious conclusion. Amen


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jean,

    I hope these words are a blessing to you as they have been to me in the past:

    He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
    He sendeth more strength when the labours increase;
    To added affliction He addeth His mercy,
    To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

    His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
    His power has no boundary known unto men;
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
    He giveth and giveth, and giveth again.

    When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
    When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
    When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
    Our Father's full giving is only begun.

    By Annie Johnson Flint

    "And he said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee." 2 Cor.12,9

    Take care.

    Love Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found out about your blog through Jenny Barr I myself had chemotheraphy 3 years ago and God has taught me a lot through my journey your faith is amazing and an inspiration!! I have kept a journal but this blogging is a great way to share!!

    Laverne Fillis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean
    How wonderful you are! I am Jo the Jo that won the blind date at Cherish 2.Just wanted to say that I love you your spirit and I am thinking of you Psalm 91 is speaking to me for you I know that you may know it but it is just an awesome piee of scripture. Love you and be blessed Urban Angel
    love you XXXX

    ReplyDelete