Friday, July 17, 2009

Moving mountains

Isn't it just awesome how when we find ourselves in great need God's supply is even greater when we just ask. I've been following daily devotionals on the Joyce Meyer website (see link) now that I have a wee bit more time on my hands and pages that I am sure were written weeks ago are dropped into my life just when they are needed. I've typed below a poem which appeared about a week ago and speaks into my life and circumstances with a real measure of God's grace and peace. Now if you want a worship song to go with it try Hillsong United 'Mighty to Save'

I now anticipate admission to Belfast City Hospital on Mon 27th for chemotherapy unless God has other plans - I await His guidance and direction for all that lies ahead. I've just picked up a wonderful verse this evening from Psalm 50 v15 'call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honour Me.' Pray that verse into my life folks as you approach the throne of grace with confidence and that my dream will be fulfilled to honour Him.

Lots of love from the sunny side of Cranfield!!


I want you to face the mountain
so that you can see
when the mountain is out of the way
all there is left is Me.

Only I can move the mountain
Only I push it away
Only I can conquer the problems
that you face today.

Your only job is to believe
to listen to My voice
and when you hear what I command
obedience is your choice.

But I will not make it too difficult
for the victory is already Mine
and I will fill you with My spirit
and through you My grace will shine.

Not when you are perfect
like you think you need to be
but when your heart is willing
to become more and more like Me.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a very good blogger, Jean, in fact this is my first!! Just to assure you and Ian, John, Mark and Luke of our love and prayers. I remember when someone we loved was heading off into a very scary part of the world and I was feeling frightened about him going, he said to me "There is nowhere safer to be than where God wants me to be". It really helped me then. Much, much love, Rosie and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean. Sorry its taken me so long to find ur blog but at least im here now. And will be following all the developments as things progress with u. I know uve had a lot of comments and messages of support from far and wide.A big response. So just wanted to say, my prayers are still devoted to u, and the rest of the family also. I know the boys and Ian will be going through a very emotional time as well as urself.
    Just a quick note for now Jean. But i will get back to soon with something more appropriate. I wish u Gods richest blessing and total love in the coming weeks ahead. And i hope all will be redeemed in the not too distant future.
    God bless for now.
    Alan.xx

    ReplyDelete