Monday, July 13, 2009

Purple Lotus Flower

I am so thankful for all the cards and texts I have received from wide and far. They carry messages of hope and encouragement with personal thoughts and prayers added. Among the many beautiful cards I have received one depicts a purple lotus flower. It is a special flower because it is rare and distinctive with a beautiful mild fragrance and found in many parts of India. The purple lotus flower germinates at the bottom of a muddy, filthy pond and is surrounded by muck. However with time the lotus blossoms and raises its beautiful pure head above all the filth. The lotus blooms as a beautiful flower away from the dirt turning its face towards the light.

I love it when God is speaking to me through the beauty of His creation. Each one of us is a unique and distinctive individual created by God. Through the cesspool of life our beauty is created as we turn towards the light of His son, Jesus.


I am aware this is the second posting to mention beauty from muck - not intentionally but then that is the business that God is in. It is an emerging picture that this situation of cancer can to the onlooker seem dirty and dark but when you focus on Jesus it creates His unique beauty within us.


As I approach the prospect of chemotherapy I have been focusing on His words regarding some of the signs that will accompany believers as spoken in Mark 16 v18 '...when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.' What an assurance that words spoken on earth 2,000 years ago are speaking to me from heaven tonight.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing words honey drink it in.I am at nettie's for a few days so wee both sending you a big hug love ya
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean - so glad to be able to follow your story - you are such an encouragement - your faith and your trust in God is amazing - I think we all can learn a lot from you. Was just thinking about a verse I read some time ago - 1 Peter 1 v 7 - '..This purity of faith is worth more than gold which can be proved to be pure by fire but will ruin. But the purity of your faith will bring you praise and glory and honor ...". Thank you so much for sharing with us - will be thinking of you and praying much for you in these days!! Lots of love! Diane

    ReplyDelete