Sunday, August 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well folks, just to report that I have completed my first session of chemotherapy in the Northern Ireland Cancer Centre and have returned home to rest. I had a three night stay and despite a few delays and hiccups everything has gone well. I met some amazing people on the journey and managed to complete a cookie challenge in the process. Have a look at the urban angel website for detail.

Since I came home on Thursday night I have experienced exhaustion that I would not have imagined possible!! But a little verse from God's word has truly sustained me: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. "(2 Cor 12 v9) I recognise that this is only the beginning of my process but with God's word filled to overflowing with His promises I rest assured in His great unending love.

Can I just encourage you to never under estimate the power of your words - I received so many beautiful words of encouragement and scripture yet again that it truly is medicine to the body and soul. Thank you all and God Bless

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jean
    So glad you have your first session over the urban angel web site is class,cant believe you completed a challange. Nettie and I are both thinking and praying for you Ian and the boys,maybe we can catch up soon
    God BLess
    Judith xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!! I'm sure you're so glad to have this past week over - God is good!!! We've been thinking so much about you and Ian and the boys. Trust you will know God's continued strength as you prove Him to be the best friend you'll ever have - the one who sticks closer than a brother!! Lots of love Diane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean,
    I have just heard about your plight from one of your colleagues and I was very shocked to hear this news, and i just wanted an oppertunity to say that I am thinking about you and that you seem to be very positive. you do seem to get emormous strenght from your faith and I applaud you for this and wish you well.
    You are in my thoughts
    Caroline de Lacy

    ReplyDelete