Monday, November 23, 2009

Good news

I'm back - at last. Well so much has happened since my last blog and all of it good. Praise God both ct and bone scans were clear and hence chemotherapy finished after session four. Mind you session four did silence me for quite a lengthy time with complete energy loss!!

Some days I've missed my hair and other days it has been totally liberating to not need a hairdryer. But good news my hair is growing again - not long enough yet to determine the colour but God has each strand numbered! (Luke12v7) That's the detail of God that He cares about me so much He even counts my hairs.

I have had a really good rest and today have commenced radiotherapy in the cancer centre so I will be on the road to Belfast daily Mon - Fri from now until Christmas Eve. Love in action is all you lovely people who are driving each day.

God has really blessed my life beyond measure in these last weeks and months. I see and receive His blessing every day through family and friends who do all the little things as well as the big things to make a difference - shirts ironed (in a house of 4 men that's a lot of shirts!), coffee shared, meals delivered, retail therapy outings and the list goes on. I really do thank God for each of you (Phil 1v3).

Weddings are big on my agenda at the minute - neice married in Sept, another neice engaged in Sept, friend's wedding in December. We girls just love all the preparation and excitement - dresses, banquet, party, celebration. That's just how it should be for the church - being busy and loving the preparation for Christ's return for us, making ourselves beautiful for Him to enjoy a lifetime with Him. So many lessons to learn through it all.

And so as my journey continues this blog is only a fragment of the lived experience of cancer. It has introduced me to people I could never have expected to meet, strengthened my faith and friendships and I hope it will ultimately bring glory to my heavenly father.

Cancer is so limited:
  • it cannot cripple God's love
  • it cannot shatter hope
  • it cannot erode faith
  • it cannot destroy peace
  • it cannot kill friendship
  • it cannot shut out memories
  • it cannot silence courage
  • it cannot invade the soul
  • it cannot steal eternal life
  • it cannot conquer the spirit.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jean. Glad to hear u are on the road to recovery and that u are still in all our prayers. I must say u were looking very well at the wedding, and i see u have a few more to attend. U girls do love a good wedding bash!!!
    Take good care of urself and i will get to visit u soon. Love to all the family especially big brother.x
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean,
    Haven't forgotten about you. Keep lookin' up!!!

    For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principatities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord.
    Romans 8 v 38,39.

    God Bless.x.

    Iris.

    ReplyDelete